Tuesday 14 July 2009

Doctors on the Lash

The Combo Empire's Catering Division was busy on Saturday and Sunday, supplying the food and drink for an all weekend thrash at a private house for three doctors from Milan who were celebrating their 50ths. The Ron Combo Combo kept the dance floor packed with a deft blend of hits from the 70s and 80s, Mrs Combo kept the partygoers' energy levels up with some fabulous food and I kept them all pissed with some frightful cocktails and thousands of bottles of wine. The picture above shows the Combo version of the Mojito. The Italians just couldn't get enough of this on Saturday night (although some of them were paying the price at lunchtime on Sunday). I have to say this lot drank like Brits, most unusual for Italians.
Shortly after this shot was taken (I'd been on the gin, this is at nearly three o'clock on Sunday morning and is a glimpse of the dance floor next to the swimming pool; the weird strips are bamboo fronds from the makeshift roof), it all kicked off and everybody started hurling other people in the pool. I didn't make my excuses and left anyway.

8 comments:

Toby Savage said...

I say Ron, there's a lass in the middle of the picture wearing no shoes! Are they allowed to do that? T - still in lace ups.

Peter Ashley said...

Love that top picture. Very Deighton / Hawkeyesque. All it needs is an opened pack of Senior Service and a tin of Marzine travel sickness pills.

Affer said...

Any pics of them shoving toffee apples up each other (purely to continue Bluepasture's education)?

Gadjo Dilo said...

"Drank like doctors", more like.

Vinogirl said...

That looks like soup!

Ron Combo said...

Electric soup, Vinogirl! Actually it does look disgusting doesn't it? Fortunately all the medicos were well past caring.

Mrs Pouncer said...

Ron, I have just got in from a gloomsome bar in Windsor where I accepted a Pink Squirrel from an Armenian. It is absolutely my favourite drink now, and I think Mojitas are dull.

Stonch said...

Salve Ronbert, I've posted something on my blog that will hopefully be appreciated by a man of your tastes, if not by some of my other regulars readers.

I'm going to try some of that Gavi gear you've send UKward.