Thursday 22 October 2009

Clearing from the West


Up to the hilltop village to post a letter; after two days of foul rain and cold, this was the view this morning as the weather clears from the west. There is even a some snow visible on the mountains, and they are quite low, towards the sea. Unusual for October. This afternoon Fibonacci arrives, so all hope is lost for the weekend. He is without his Welsh travelling companion this time.
Incidentally, in front of me in the post office was a monk paying a gas bill. Afterwards I saw him getting into a brand new 09 reg 4x4 Panda. So much for an austere bloody existence. Shouldn't he be on a donkey or something?

5 comments:

Philip Wilkinson said...

Stunning photograph.

I wonder what the monastic wine cellar is like...

Peter Ashley said...

Wish I'd been as quick with my camera just now. A lot of grunting (not so unusual round here) presaged a herd of cows running over my front lawn.

Toby Savage said...

Can't even see the sky here in the aptly named 'Windy City'. If it's not obscured by sky scrapers, it's thick with rain and cloud.

Vinogirl said...

Don Camillo never had it so good!

I'm with Mr. Wilkinson, I'm wondering about the quality of the monasteries sacramental wine stash.

Thud said...

god provides.