Monday 16 June 2008

A Pair of Cracking Bloomers


Mrs Combo rang me from the shop where she works on Saturday and said "look, get your finger out, we've got a writer staying with us tonight, and she's launching her new book this evening at Steffi's restaurant, she'll turn up this morning so get her room sorted, I can't come back at lunchtime, take her to the restaurant and I'll see you there at around 8.30, and don't eff around." Bingo! I thought to myself, all day with some published belter, maybe she'd like a spot of lunch, maybe helped down with bottle of Sauvignon Bianco, or I think I've still got some Pimm's....waahey! Blow me down if she wasn't 82 sodding years old and Italy's most renowned herb expert. Anyway, the book launch was actually good fun, five courses with excellent local wine from La Guardia and a bottle of grappa left on the table at the end of the meal. Marvellous! The next day she took us on a herb hunt in the local countryside, another (again free - paid for by you lot out of EU regional development funds!!) lunch, loads of sparkling wine, grilled meats, wonderful cheeses, joy of Italy, you know the form. The accompanying shot was taken en-route, the stout ladies' underwear almost cracking in the stiff breeze. Naturally I saluted them.

4 comments:

Affer said...

They look as as though they have been kept in good nick.

Peter Ashley said...

Cor, it all goes on in your neck of the woods doesn't it. I'd be hardly able to contain myself.

Fred Fibonacci said...

Underwear! Underwear! They've all got it underwear!

Toby Savage said...

That the latest line from Intimissimi? Better pick some up on my next visit.