Tuesday 1 July 2008

Bye bye bunny

Last week, having cut all the 4' high grass in the main orchard, and then having raked all the hay into rows (two days), a local smallholder (one cow) who is also the local shopowner(blogs passim) came with her husband and monosyllabic son to bale the hay and then take away the bales. I used to have to chuck it all over the fence (two days) or burn it (dangerous but only one day). All went according to plan, if a little hot and dusty. The picture of the tractor ruining the Combo lawn as it manoeuvres out is courtesy of The Intrepid Explorer. You can see why he is a professional.

Then yesterday Signora Alma pitched up at the gate bearing gifts. I would have liked to have shown all the rabbit, but she had only killed and skinned it yesterday morning and the bag was full of blood. She left in the lights. Lord knows what we will do with them. Any ideas Diplo?

7 comments:

Toby Savage said...

Chop it up into smaller pieces and saute with a few shallots in some olive oil. serve with some of your fresh peas, Ricard's spuds and a glass of my Marenco white, chilled. Cheers. I.E.

Fred Fibonacci said...

Yes, but what about the rabbit?

Peter Ashley said...

Thanks Fred. You've just made me laugh so much I've chucked coffee over the Unmitigated Keyboard. AGAIN.

Fred Fibonacci said...

He started it; wa'n't me Miss.

Diplomate said...

I should leave the head on with the lights intact.

Peter Ashley said...

I knew he'd know.

Affer said...

I don't like the look of that at all. Reminds me of something I had to do on the third Thursday of every month......